Why Does Sickness Depart When you pray?
-Jesus came into Peter's house, he saw Peter's mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him. When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken though the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases." <Matthew 8:14-17>=
Jesus preached the gospel as He healed the sick. The apostles and the saints of the early church also ministered in the same way, bealing and proclaiming. Jesus gave us a clear promise in Mark 16:15-20.
1. In the Bible, there are promises of healing.
(1) Mark 6:56 says, "all who touched him were healed."
(2) Matthew 8:17 says, "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."
(3) In Isaiah 53:5, God promises, "By his wounds we are healed."
2. You must correctly diagnose the cause of the illness.
(1) Some diseases are caused by fatigue(overwork), carelessness, infections or aging.
(2) But the Bible reveals three important causes of disease that cannot be healed by human means, but only by spiritual healing.
① Diseases caused by sin
a. Sins of ancestors: Idol worship is punished to the third and fourth generation(Ex. 20:4, 2Sam. 12:15). These unknown diseases cannot be cured by medical treatment.
b. Original sin: Because the unsaved are under the curse(from the original sin), healing is impossible(Gen. 3:16-19). Temporary relief of the symptoms may be obtained, but there is no treatment for the root problem.
c. Consequential sins: (2Kg. 5:27, 2Chron. 21:12-19 1Chron. 5:5)
② Diseases which are brought by Satan(evil spirits)
a. mental(Mk. 5:3-15)
b. emotional(Eph. 4:23-27)
c. situational(Mt. 12:25-28)
d. neurosis(Mk. 9:17, Lk. 13:16)
③ Diseases which serve God's will(2Cor. 12:7, Dan. 8:27)
3. Incorrect treatment leads to a worse condition.
(1) Treatment based only on medical care and medicine
(2) Treatment that only looks at the physical results
(3) Treatment based on religious methods, superstitions, evil spirits
4. You need to know the right order of healing.
(1) There must be a spiritual healing first(1Jn. 1:2).
① Receive Jesus Christ(Jn. 1:12)
② Be filled with the Holy Spirit(Eph. 5:18)
(2) Stop sinning (Jam. 5:13-16).
(3) Purify your environment/situation(Mt. 12:25-29).
(4) Medical treatment should be used only after these steps(Jam. 5:13-14)
5. What you do after the healing is also important.
(1) Keep up your works of faith.
(2) Revive a mind and life of thanksgiving.
(3) Live a life of witnessing.
6. Healing - AIDS
(1) Age of AIDS
(2) Sexual confusion. Age of apathy
(3) How do we heal this?
① Is this really an incurable disease?
② Power of prayer
③ Nutrition - God has prepared foods will heal in this earth
(4) It must be solved by the power of the Holy Spirit.