Now that I'm Saved, How Have I Changed?
-But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God... The Man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. <1Corinthians 2:10, 14>-
God has spared no expense in order to save His people. He became a man(Jn. 1:14), shed His blood, resurrected, ascended to heaven, and even now guides us through the Holy Spirit. Even so, most people do not understand what salvation means.
1. What are the wrong views of salvation (not true salvation)?
(1) "Just by having a religion, I can be saved."
Religion, however, is not the gospel because it is the creation of man. Even though man intends to do good., the unsaved cannot do good and even his "good deeds" are not considered good at all in God's sight(John 3:1-10). (All those who serve on a pirate ship, no matter what "good" they do, are doing evil in their service to piracy).
(2) "Just by going to church as a church member, I can saved."
It is like what Jesus spoke in Matthew 12:43-45, simply attending church is
worthless and only piles up more burdens and makes things worse.
(3) "By being devout and zealous, I can meet the standard of salvation."
Do you remember the zeal of the Pharisees? Are not Buddhists also zealous? The result of this zeal is only emptiness and failure(disappointment).
(4) "By holding strong convictions (philosophies), I can be saved." These convictions bring ridiculous results, and when they are alone they feel like a failure.
(5) "By memorizing and reciting scriptures and religious chants and by praying, I
can be saved." These produce only temporary, outer change but not permanent, inner change. In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus explains the solution to their burdens and invites the weary to come to Him.
2. Then what is the true condition of being saved?
(1) There is inner(spiritual) change.
(2) The Holy spirit dwells within and governs you.
(3) Rom. 8:2 says there is life in the Holy Spirit. Jn. 3:3-5 says you cannot
enter the Kingdom of God unless you are born again by water and the Holy Spirit.
(4) Jn. 14:16-17 says the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, can neither leave you nor be cast out from you.
(5) When you understand the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
① You understand that this Holy Spirit accomplishes your salvation and fulfills the law(Rom. 8:2, 4. 9).
② You come to know God's will, blessings, and grace(1Cor. 2:10-14).
③ You come to know that you are the temple of God(1Cor. 3:16).
④ The Holy Spirit corrects you when you are wrong(Gal. 5:16-18).
⑤ The Holy Spirit guides you when you are weak(Jn. 14:26-27).
⑥ He leads you in peace(Jn. 14:27).
⑦ He answer your prayers(Rom. 8:26)
⑧ He works out all things for your good(Rom. 8:28).
3. How can you enter this wonderful state of salvation?
(1) To dwell in Christ is to have salvation.
(2) This also means to be born with water and the Spirit(be born from above).
(3) There is only one way(Jn. 3:145-16)
4. There are four changes for those who have new life(Holy Spirit).
(1) Spiritually your family register changes(child of Satan to child of God). Jn. 8:44 - 1Jn. 3:2(Jn. 5:24)
(2) Your spiritual identity changes(slave to sin to servant of God. free from sin). Rom. 6:17 - Rom. 6:22
(3) Your life status changes(death to life, both physically and spiritually). Eph.2:1 - Eph. 2:5
(4) The one who leads your life changes(Satan to the Spirit). Eph 2:2 - Gal 5:18
5. How does God treat those who have new life?
(1) He will never abandon you. but will guide and sanctify you(Jn. 14:16, 26, Gal.5:16-18).
(2) No one can destroy you. Let's confirm this in Rom. 8:31-39.
6. Healing - Cocaine, all types of drugs
(1) Spiritual healing(Acts 1:4-8, 1Cor.2:10)
(2) Physical healing(blood, blood vessels)