Why Don't I Have Assurance?
-And this is testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his son.
He who has the son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. <1John 5:11-13>
Many church goers frankly say that they do not assurance of salvation. And there are just as many who don't have this assurance and don't admit it. It seems that there are even more people who devote their lives to foolish thing because they do not have this assurance. Why do they go on living without this assurance? We must find the answer to this question.
1. It is because they do not know the new life of those who are saved.
(1) A saved person is one who has accepted Jesus with his heart and mind and confessed with his mouth(Jn. 1:12, Rev. 3:20).
(2) The Spirit works within a true believer regardless of his personal ability. This is true life(Rom. 8:2, 1Cor. 3:16, 12:3)
(3) What is the condition of the one who does not have the life(Holy Spirit)?
① He is in the same condition as Adam and Eve who have fallen and forfeited the life.
② Satan is in control of his spirit(Jn. 8:44, Acts 10:38).
③ He may acquire much but can find no peace(Mt.11:28-29).
④ He may find success but troubles never cease(Mt 12:25).
⑤ His body is controlled and led by Satan, without him even knowing it(Eph. 2:2-3).
⑥ In time, his body becomes sick(Acts 8:4-8).
⑦ He will also have troubles in his heart and mind(Acts 16:16-18).
⑧ On the bay he leaves this world, he is going to hell(Lk. 16:19-31).
2. It is because they do not know the blessings of the saved.
(1) Those who are saved are freed from sin that cause curses and condemnation(Eph. 2:1).
① Original sin ② Consequential sins ③ Ancestors' sins
(2) They are immediately freed from the burdens of the world and the power of Satan(Eph. 2:2)
(3) They are eternally freed from the power of hell(Eph.2:6).
(4) They leave their testimony for generations to come(Eph.2:7)
3. It is because they co not know the privileges of the saved(Mt. 16:13-20).
(1) The privilege of proclaiming the gospel is given only to the saints.
① He makes them as firm as rocks.
② He establishes the church.
(2) The privilege of overcoming Satan's power is given only to the saints.
① We must be ready for spiritual combat(1Pet. 5:8, Jam. 4:7).
② We must persevere in our stand to the end(Lk. 18:5).
(3) The privilege of answered prayer is given only to the saints.
① "The blessings" received by the unsaved come from Satan's limited power under God's permissive will(Pro.16:4).
② Therefore you must have the key to answered prayer.
4. It is because they do not know the lifestyle of the saved.
(1) Know the lifestyle of the unsaved.
(2) Believers must be led by the Holy Spirit(Jn.14.26-27).
① You must cast off all your anxieties(1Pet. 5:7).
② You must completely deny yourself, then you can be perfectly led by the Holy Spirit(Gal. 2:20).
③ You must get rid of hidden motives. These motives may bring apparent success but will end in failure because the Spirit of God cannot be deceived by man(Acts 5:1-10).
(3) If you want to be led by the Holy Spirit.
① Jesus Christ must be the center of your life(2Cor. 5:17).
② Prayer must be the highest priority in your daily life(Acts 16:13, 16).
③ Your life itself must be a proclamation of the gospel(Acts 1:8).
5. Healing - Problem of ancestor worship
(1) Dead person's wish(Lk. 16:19-31).
(2) Ancestor worship - unbiblical, unscientific, primitive
(3) Spiritual problems which comes about because of ancestor worship.