Fourth meeting Why is Jesus the Only Way for Us?
-He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. <1John 3:8>-
1. Most people cannot distinguish salvation from religion.
(1) They think that all religions are the same.
(2) Doing good works is the purpose of all religions.
(3 They think the way to be saved is to perform meritorious and virtuous deeds.
(4) Christianity is not a religion but life itself.
(5) Religion is created by man, but the gospel is given by God.
(6) Religion is about man searching for God, but the gospel is about God reaching out to man
(7) The standard of religion is the works of man, but that of the gospel is God's gift of salvation.
2. Most people don't realize the condemned state of the unsaved.
(1) Original sin signifies the state of the unsaved(Rom. 3:10, 23).
(2) This means that they are still in the hands of Satan who appeared in Genesis 3(Eph. 2:2-3)
(3) The state of condemnation is awful.
① It is the state of the spirit being held by Satan's spirit.
② It is the state of the spirit being cursed.
③ Naturally they suffer from idol worship, ancestor worship, talisman, sorcery, fortune-telling, superstitions, and folk religions until they come to their final destruction(Rom. 1:21-23).
a. Ultimately they fail on earth.
b. Destruction continues to the third and fourth generations(Ex. 20:4)
c. They suffer from mental illnesses, sicknesses from demon-possession, and unknown sicknesses(Mt. 8:16-17).
④ And finally they will end up in hell(Lk. 16:19-31, Rev. 14:1-9).
3. There is only one Savior.
(1) He must be the One who has the power to defeat Satan's power.
(2) He must be a human being, clothed in flesh(Jn. 1:1, 14).
(3) But He must be without sin(Heb. 4:15, 1Pt. 3:18).
(4) He must not e a descendant of Adam(born of a virgin).
(5) A sinless person must die to pay the price of sin(Gen. 2:17).
(6) As evidence of His divinity, He must resurrect from the dead(1Cor. 15:3-5).
(7) This person is none other than Jesus Christ.
(8) Only Jesus who is God Himself can defeat Satan's power and save man.
(9) The power of Jesus is evident even today(Acts 16:16-18).
4. What exactly is salvation?
(1) It is freedom from sin that causes destruction(past).
① Original sin - sin that causes eternal condemnation(Eph. 2:1).
② Consequential sins - sins that come from original sin(Eph. 2:1).
③ Ancestor's sins - ancestor's sins of idol worship that bring about calamities to the descendents(Ex. 20:4).
(2) It is escaping Satan's power and destination(present) (Eph. 2:2).
(3) It is being seated in heaven(future) (Eph. 2:6).
(4) There is evidence in reality of this salvation(Eph. 2:7).
5. Healing - Those who are suffering from demonic influence
(1) Faith Gen. 3:15, Matt. 16:13-15, 17:1-8, 28:16-20, Acts 1:8
(2) Spiritual power - timely prayer, continuous prayer, spiritual power
* Do you now understand 1John 3:8?